Tuesday 12 July 2016

London 06-07/2016 - Day 6: having a laugh

The forward planner that I am, I took precautions to fight any boredom that unemployment might bring and went shopping at Fopp:


Absolutely Fabulous: humour always helps!
Luther: London, crime and Idris to drool over
Curb your enthusiasm: more humour
Limitless: Bradley and on offer - no other reason

From shopping to more food, through the pouring rain...
Chinese Hot Pot at Shuang Shuang. I cannot remember where and when I tried this before (possibly in Singapore?) but I had never had it in London. And I really liked it. You pick your broth, your dipping sauce and then help yourself to the ingredients that go by on the conveyer belt.


And to top off this beautiful day, T and I went to the 99 Comedy Club in Covent Garden. It takes place in the event space (I've actually been for a site visit quite some time ago) of the Strand Palace hotel. While I adore British comedy, I am also always a bit apprehensive, as it can be quite hit and miss in my experience (check it here and here).

Line up for the night were:
Zoe Lyons: hilarious!
Nish Kumar: also amazingly funny!
Joel Dommett: funny but a bit too shouty at times. I suppose this is part of his character but seemed a bit forced and over the top at times
A brilliant night with some weird heckling, especially by a drunk Polish lady who seemed to invite Nish to get into a fight with her...All adding to the entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment