Saturday 16 July 2016

lucky escape

When I take the train into Munich on a weekend, I park my car in Aventinstrasse, a two minute walk from the station. During the week, you are only allowed to park there for two hours between 9:00-18:00.

That was my interpretation of the street sign. Turns out that 'Werktag' refers to Monday to Saturday, only including Sundays and bank holidays. I found out as one of today's workshop attendees had the same issue and was unsure about it in Munich. She - wisely - moved her car and must have also googled it which shows that my interpretation was wrong.

There wasn't anything I could do when I found out, of course. And for about five minutes, I found this rather distracting. And then got over it. Until I was on the train home. Funny how worrying affects you, as much as I told myself that it didn't matter.

I was relieved that my car was still there and I didn't get fined either.
Now, I only have to find another solution to my parking problem. Or walk/cycle to the station...

No comments:

Post a Comment