Sunday 10 July 2016

London 06-07/2016 - Day 2: a new life skill

First on my list was fabric shopping in Walthamstow. And it was also a first, that I didn't find anything at all!!! Very disturbing. I did buy some books though. After a morning of shopping, I went to Jane Packer to attend the afternoon Supermarket Surprise workshop I had booked. For years, I've been wanting to attend a floristry course but somehow had never made it happen. Until now.

And it was so much fun! And a useful class, too, as I am not prepared to spend lots of money on pretty flowers, and now know to make the cheap supermarket flowers look nicer.

the results of my labour of love.
Impossible to transport back to Germany, I gifted them to my old office - good deed done
And how the professionals do it - flower arrangements found in the loo
Surely it was no coincidence that I ended up sitting next to a lady who is currently on a break, too. Having worked as a GP, she is preparing to return to exactly that job though after a year off.
Hm, not the outcome I am expecting for my own time out...

No comments:

Post a Comment