Saturday 30 July 2016

none of my business

I have the habit of listening into other people's conversations.

Today: two young people meet on a train and start chatting. Turns out the girl has just gotten her A-levels and is travelling across Europe before she will start studying psychology. They got talking about Rotterdam, which she had already been to, but he hadn't. And the guy mentions that he has a friend who is an architect. To which the girl replies: ah, then you should really ask her (about the city), cause I am only a psychologist.

I am aware that I sometimes drive people a bit crazy with being rather pedantic when it comes to language. But in this case, I somehow feel that the girl was taking it a bit far. Or did she graduate within the 5 minutes of that conversation??

No comments:

Post a Comment