Monday 11 July 2016

London 06-07/2016 - Day 4: art, food, theatre and more food

The weather was mostly a bit shit during my stay in London. But in between the rain, there was also some sunshine to be enjoyed. Like on day 4, when I soaked up half an hour of sun, watching the bustle on Trafalger Square. For some more art, I had a look around the BP Portrait Award exhibition which is on at the National Portrait Gallery. The NPG also includes a video of sleeping David Beckham. To be honest, that alone is worth a visit! ;-)
Followed by lunch with views over the rooftops of London in the Gallery's restaurant.
Followed by admiring a hyper Jesse Eisenberg in The Spoils. I enjoyed the play, especially the first half. Not sure what it says about me, but I do like the mean characters or more precisely those who speak their mind openly, even if their bluntness is bound to upset others. Who needs diplomacy? The second half was a bit confusing though and I am not entirely sure what the point was. And while I like slightly mean characters, I dislike those who keep pouring kindness over them - meaning the rest of the cast...
Finally followed by more food at 500, a little Italian in Archway.
Great day!

lunch: salmon tartare and zucchini linguine
dinner: burrata to die for, tagliatelle with Italian sausage meat

No comments:

Post a Comment