Sunday 10 July 2016

London 06-07/2016 - Day 3: the arts

One of the things I miss the most about London (aside from my friends, of course), is the theatre. So much on offer, such different kind of plays and other quirky stuff, that is impossible to find in Rosenheim or even Munich.

First up was the play Sideways at the St James theatre. Based on the film that won several awards, I have to say that I didn't like the play too much. As per usual, I of course cannot remember the movie very well (at all...) either. And as I don't drink wine, the wine connoisseur talk was also lost on me.

Personally, I felt all characters were unlikeable. Having heard about a friend's relationship trouble very recently, it was all maybe too close to 'home', too. Making me happy to be single. That's something, of course! And Simon Harrison was nice to look at, too. All in all, I'd still prefer to see a mediocre play than no play. Plus of course sharing the experience with friends. So, all worth it in the end.

Here's the Guardian's review and the Telegraph's - equally not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment