Tuesday 12 July 2016

London 06-07/2016 - Day 7: and some more Southbank and comedy

The new part of the Tate Modern opened recently and of course it was on my itinerary. An interesting building which opens up new possibilities to get creative. It must be a fun job to curate an exhibition! (fun, not easy!)
the new building; my kind of painting
comfy capsulescouscous art
Unfortunately the queue in front of the lifts to the viewing platform at the top was rather long. That will have to wait for another day. After some art, more British-ness in the form of:

At the Founders Arms; sun behind clouds but warm enough to sit outside
The busy programm of the past week started taking its toll (plus, I still get the best sleep in my own bed), so it was finally time for an extended 2 hour nap. Refreshed, we walked from Kentish Town to Camden for more comedy. This time a couple of Edinburgh Fringe previews. First one was pretty un-funny in my point of view. The poor bloke was visibly nervous, which made me feel uncomfortable. Second bloke (I'm afraid I cannot remember his name...) was Canadian and saved the night for me. Much more relaxed and much funnier, too. And for just a fiver a good deal all round :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment