Wednesday 13 July 2016

Welcome home

I hate waiting. Which adds to making flying an unpleasant experience for me. It takes time to get to the airport. Then you sit around there. While the flight from London to Munich usually takes a mere 1.5 hours, it took me nine flipping hours to get home...

First time I flew from Luton airport which is currently being refurbished or something, which means too little space for too many people. Not pleasant. Then - five minutes after the gate is announced - they announce that the incoming plane is at least an hour late. The gate might change again (it of course doesn't in the end), thus everyone is asked to return to the main hall as there are no boards at the gate.

With a bit more than an hour delay we land in Munich. The bus driver who is meant to shuttle us from the plane to the terminal doesn't seem to know how to use the breaks. Every time he does, he goes for it big time, making sure all passengers get properly shaken up. He then also doesn't know/isn't being told where to drop us off. We stop, he leaves the bus, returns to drive in a circle. We eventually get off (loads of ironic cheering and clapping) to be faced with a long queue at passport control.

Of course I choose the slowest queue. When I finally get to show my passport, I get asked whether I am returning to Rosenheim. Well, yes, but why does that matter??? Then I get asked how long I stayed in the Kosovo for. Ah - so a flight from the Kosovo had landed, too, meaning that the police were doing extra thorough checks...

I am extremely grateful for having booked a transfer home, as I would otherwise now be stranded at Munich airport... The lady driver waiting for me, is clearly also not keen on waiting, of which she has probably done a fair bit. By the time I finally get home, it's past midnight. And the lady has her next client at 5am. Compared to the 10am appointment I have with the volunteering agency, this is of course hardcore. Nonetheless, I am having a hard time getting out of bed in time for the meeting.

*moan over*

No comments:

Post a Comment