Tuesday 18 February 2014

Fake anger

Things have been different recently.

I think it's safe to say that I tended to blow my fuse rather easily. I got annoyed quickly, complete with quite strong physical reactions (racing pulse etc.). Moreover, I would carry that anger around with me - sometimes for days.

I can't quite put my finger on what or why things have changed - a combination of books I've been reading, the effects of the hypnotherapy, conversations I've had and maybe growing old and wise (hahahahaha) - but the anger seems to have been replaced by more of a 'shrugging my shoulders' feeling. I still find it hard to get my head round people's stupidity but it doesn't affect me in the same way anymore.

What is happening though is that when I tell people about certain situations, I seem to get angry 'in theory'. I'm telling a story that 'on paper' should or would have ordinarily made me angry. It seems a bit like getting angry for the benefit of the person I am telling the story to. As if my anger is part of an 'act', of a role I play.

This probably sounds a bit crazy and I am not sure I understand it myself....

The next step will be for there not to be any anger anymore. Neither real nor fake. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment