Saturday 15 February 2014

Ystävänpäivä

Valentine's Day in Finland is Friends' Day - celebrating friendship rather than romantic relationships. And in that spirit, I had a great evening with three lovely girls. At my place. Which basically never happens as a) I live far out and don't want to inconvenience people by having to trek out all the way here b) I feel a bit embarrassed about my tiny flat. In addition to lovely company, and chats and Chinese food, I was also told that my tiny flat is actually rather nice. And maybe not perceived as quite as tiny by other people.

While it does feel like home and I do really appreciate to have my own place, I think I had started to overlook and take for granted certain things. So, it's nice to see things through other people's eyes sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment