Monday 10 February 2014

My first garment

... made with my own sewing machine! My second skirt, and the first one, I'm planning on wearing. Ah, actually, it's my second skirt: my very first sewing project as a teenager was a maxi-wrap-skirt in a red tartan fabric. Which I wore many times. I wonder whether it's still somewhere in my wardrobe at my parents' place...

Anyhow, sewing with the stretch fabric was a bit tricky and I think is the reason why the hem isn't entirely straight and slightly curled up. Luckily the fabric doesn't fray (she says...) so I didn't bother overlocking the seams. Most of all, I LOVE the fabric. Which also came with the black bit that I used for the waistband. I also inserted a wide elastic - even though I am not sure it was necessary or even makes any difference. But it seemed like a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment