Tuesday 4 February 2014

life

For a while now, I've been thinking about getting a mentor. For life as well as for work related issues. I haven't been able to quite figure out though who this mentor could or should be. Someone from the industry I work in? Or someone from outside? And how to find him/her?

As a first exploration in that area, I arranged a lunch with somebody who I respect a lot. You know these kind of people who everyone not only likes but also listens to and respects, who has authority and is kind and sensible and has this calmness that I so very obviously lack.

Lunch was not only delicious, but I also went away with food for thought (clever, hm?! ;-)). Above all else, I need to structure my thoughts.

PS: He sent me a book in the post together with a sweet letter:
Mindfulness - a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world.
That really made my day! How lovely and thoughtful is that?

Do you know this feeling, when things just fall into place and the 'right' people cross your path at the 'right' time?

No comments:

Post a Comment