Saturday 8 February 2014

What does Karen look like?

My sewing teacher is struggling to remember my name. And the other day, when once again she called my name and looked around the classroom, she said: It's because you don't look like a Karen!

Now, what does a Karen look like? In Germany it's not a very common name at all. The spelling with an i - Karin is more common but probably not for my generation either.

I've never liked my name and consequently don't like being called by my name either. And I think that's one of the reasons that I hardly ever call other people by their names either. The other day, I noticed though that this has led to me not even remembering other people's names. Like that of the sewing teacher... (or anyone else in the sewing class)

No comments:

Post a Comment