Saturday 15 February 2014

Year of the Horse

With a little delay, the Hong Kong Tourism Board had invited for a Chinese New Year celebration at Bounce - the Home of Ping Pong. I had been all set on NOT taking part in the ping pong competition: I get way too competitive and in combination with abysmal table tennis skills and a constant fear of embarrassing myself in front of other people, it just didn't seem like a good idea. But my darling friend A signed me up anyway. And against my naturally stubborn nature, I just went with it.

And of course we lost our first game (5:11...). BUT we won our second game AND we lost against the girls who eventually won the whole tournament. No shame in losing against champions, right? And more importantly: it was fun! :-)

It was also one of those evenings, where I caught up with friends, met old acquaintances and got introduced to new people. A perfect mix.

But here's the most exciting bit of the evening:
I won the grand prize!!!!! 

This time, I had remembered to bring business cards, and one of them went into the bowl of cards. There were a number of prizes to be won. My business card is dark blue at the back. So were a number of other cards. A couple of times, I already thought my card had been drawn. But it hadn't. The grand prize (two flights to Hong Kong and five nights' accommodation) was up last. She draws the card. And I am like: oh my God, it would be so amazing, if that was me. But surely it won't be me. Even thinking it might be me, will surely jinx this whole thing...

When she started reading out my company's name - I just started screaming.
And I still can't quite believe it. It just seems too good to be true, right?

notepads, bookmark and book - the goody bag

No comments:

Post a Comment