Saturday 17 May 2014

1984

It's a classic. And I can't remember whether I've ever read it. I think I might have done at school. And unfortunately, most of the books I read at school didn't leave much of an impression. I think that's because I was made to read them.

When 1984 was on at the Almeida theatre, tickets sold out quickly. So, when it was announced that it would come to the Playhouse in the West End AND Time Out was offering tickets, I booked straight away.
The play is very intense and I strongly recommend it. I'm always amazed how much you can with just a small stage. For people who haven't read the book, I'd think the story is quite confusing at times. And it definitely made me want to read the book (again).

How handy then, that Time Out is also giving away free copies of the book - voucher needs to be booked by midnight tonight and the books need to be collected from a Joy store

And for a cheap pre-theatre dinner: Bistro 1 (Covent Garden branch)

No comments:

Post a Comment