Thursday 8 May 2014

Wonderful Copenhagen

Where to start?

After a short flight which we spent catching up on the events of the last couple of months, we arrived in sunny Copenhagen and managed to find our way to the flat we had booked through airbnb. We each had our room with double beds. The flat was tidy but I had my doubts about the freshness of the bedding... The bathroom was tiny but that's of course not really an issue for just two nights. It was great that we had the place to ourselves.

On the first afternoon, we headed to Tivoli Gardens and along the way walked across the city centre and stopped for a late lunch. I just loved the atmosphere of the city! Pretty buildings, water everywhere - I would definitely recommend it for a city trip!


You have to pay to get into Tivoli Gardens and can then either pay for each ride, or get a yellow wristband that lets you get onto every ride as often as you like. Which is what we opted for. Some of the rollercoasters were a little scary but it was great fun! Even if some of the kids queuing around us were a right pain in the a**... Not sure whether they were high on adrenaline or maybe junk food...

The Monsoon ride on the other hand turned out to be a complete nightmare... and it seemed to go on forever. How on earth anyone can enjoy this, I don't know... I was clenching my fists so hard, that it left nail marks on my palms... You live and you learn!

We then headed to the Hotel Nimb to warm up with a hot chocolate (yes, that's how rock'n roll I am!). While it looks a bit naff from the outside, it's very nice on the inside. Well, it is a 5* hotel after all!

We stayed until the illuminations - a laser/light/music show that takes place every night - and then headed home where I pretty much fell asleep instantly. Thanks to very thin blinds, I woke up really early though the next morning. But at least that meant we made the most of our time in Copenhagen.

Hotel Nimb

No comments:

Post a Comment