Saturday 10 May 2014

Sleeping in style

As I had never been to Bath before, I had planned to stay the night and explore the city further on my day off. But I hadn't realized what an expensive city it is! Hotel prices are pretty much at London level - i.e. extortionately high! And unfortunately, the reasonably priced places on airbnb were already booked.

We visited a few hotels though (with view to the event) and while I didn't take many photos, I did want to mention two of them which are both cool and quirky places.

The Queensberry: an independent Boutique Hotel which consists of a number of town houses that have been knocked together. Each room is different in decor and layout and it would be worth staying in every single one of them! With a garden out at the back and a bar an restaurant on site, I recommend checking it out even if you are not staying over night. Should I ever follow up on my dream to run my own hotel, that's the kind of place I'd like to have!

The Francis: located on Queen Square and also made up of (seven) townhouses, this hotel is part of the MGallery - Memorable hotels by Accor. While part of Accor, they are all unique hotels (and no, I'd never heard of them before). On the ground floor, you also find Raymond Blanc's Brasserie Blanc (and again: no, I didn't make the connection to Raymond Blanc until I read their website). The hotel has recently been refurbished and it is looking great! Check out their website for photos. The feature rooms come with four poster beds and paintings of sheep hanging right above the head, helping you to get to sleep. Each room has so much character and even the wallpaper in the toilets is pretty!

The lounge at the Francis hotel - enjoy afternoon tea in this lovely setting

and the toilet wallpaper - also at the Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment