Friday 2 May 2014

April Birchbox - Review

A belated review of my April Birchbox:

TheBalm cosmetics - How 'bout them apples? Cheek and lip cream in 'pie' colour
- I don't use blusher very often and unfortunately the colour doesn't suit me as a lip cream. Easy to apply though and didn't dry out my lips. And I love the packaging!

Lord & Berry - Couture Kohl Kajal Eye Pencil in black
- I find that black kajal is too hard for my eyes. After a consultation at the benefit counter some years ago, I stick with a grey kayal on my lower eyeline. Occasionally. I also forget quite often...I tried the black and even with just a little it makes quite a difference and makes the whole eye just so much darker. I was planning on giving it away, but I think I might actually use it.

Colour Club - Gala's Gems nail polish in aquamarine azulino
- Blue is unfortunately not a colour that I like wearing on my nails. Ironically so, as the first nail polish that got me hooked was a baby blue one I bought from Topshop on a visit to my sister in Norwich. More than 15 years ago... The consistency is quite thick so one coat was enough which is definitely an advantage!

Yes to cucumbers - facial wipes
- Made my skin sting a bit and I generally don't like wipes, I prefer to wash my face rather than just wipe it. But practical when travelling.

Campos de Ibiza - Almendra body milk
- I'm not keen on body milk and find its consistency too runny. The sweet almond smell is quite strong but I liked it. My skin is quite dry so I'll be sticking to my tried and tested body lotions.

Lifestyle extra: Propercorn - Sweet coconut & vanilla
- I'm a sweet popcorn girl all the way! And loved this flavour! Packet could have been bigger...

with and without flash (and my messy coffee table in the background)

No comments:

Post a Comment