Thursday 8 May 2014

Laundry anyone?

I have to say I was impressed with I's recommendation for bars and restaurants - he clearly has good taste! :-)

We had breakfast/brunch at the Laundromat Cafe on Sunday and returned on Monday cause it was just so good! Only when I googled it just now, did I realize that they are a mini-chain, with three cafes in Copenhagen ('ours' was their first which opened in 2004) and one in Iceland. The name gives it away: while it's primarily a cafe, you can also do your laundry here. The interior is quirky - I loved the colour coordinated book shelves! and the staff were really friendly. Something that actually really stood out for me throughout our stay: everyone was really nice and helpful. I have to admit that I expected them to be arrogant and cold. Northern Germans have the reputation of being even more standoffish than us Germans in general, so I assumed it gets 'worse' the further north you go. Maybe that's what I meant when he described them as cuddly?!

Anyhow, the pancakes were delicious, especially with the chocolate butter! But there was unfortunately way too much food for me. Or maybe I spent too much talking rather than eating??!

No comments:

Post a Comment