Wednesday 28 May 2014

Back

Did you miss me? :-)

Despite my pessimistic suspicions that something would go wrong - my grand prize of a week in Hong Kong did happen indeed! Except for a bit of a hiccup at the W hotel, it all went smoothly and I am still so grateful for having won this amazing prize!

But since I experiences travelling in business class, economy is just such a nightmare. On the flight out, we were really lucky and the plane was half empty. Plus we had the seats at the emergency exit with unlimited legroom. Only a few hours before we landed did I realize though that lying down on the neighbouring empty seats would have made much more sense. So, all in all, I didn't sleep very much. I did watch (and really enjoyed) Anchorman 2 though!

On the return flight, the plane was packed and we sat in the middle seats. When checking in, we were offered seats with more leg room. But that would have cost 400HK dollars each. We decided not to bother - only to be allocated those seats anyway, as the standard seats weren't available anymore. Unfortunately, I ended up sitting next to an incredibly fidgety girl who moved around all the time and kept ellbowing me. She also thought it would be a good idea to put the armrest up. So, we started a game of putting it up and down as quite frankly I wasn't keen on her leaning on me...

Anyhow, I again didn't sleep (but watched The Wolf of Wall Street). After the taxi ride to the airport made me feel really sick (I decided to treat myself, as I would have otherwise had to lug my suitcase around on the tube in rush hour), I took the tube home. Can I just say how awesome the internet is? I found out that if you need to change from the Piccadilly line to the Jubilee line at Green Park, it's best and quickest, to take the escalator up to the exit, and then down again to the Jubilee line. AND no need to carry the suitcase down any stairs. Perfect!

After a shower, I collapsed in bed but forced myself to get up at 12:30 and have not slept since. Fingers crossed I'll sleep well tonight. Not least as I need to stay awake tomorrow (and Friday!) for an all day Finance training.

More than 200 photos to go through - more about Hong Kong to follow! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment