Friday 9 May 2014

Singing, dancing and good food

A belated blog entry: I was invited to another lovely dinner at Church House Conference Centre. The dinner started with a little video about the venue - which included footage from the dinner I organized there last December! :-) I got a little emotional when I saw that. Me and being weird about past events....

Not only was the food delicious as always, I also had nice company at my table: a lovely Irish lady who I had met previously at other events and a gentleman who lived in Germany for several years when he was in the British army and who had then fallen in love with the fatherland (mine, not his).

The obligatory surprise entertainment was this year provided by the Young Guns choir - amongst others with a great rendition of Pharrell's 'Happy'. The turn out on the night was surprisingly good despite the tube strike.


No comments:

Post a Comment