Friday 9 May 2014

Bath Spa

I have a weird love-hate relationship (probably not the right word...) with site visits. On the one hand I love visiting new places and really appreciate the amazing venues I often get to see. Plus the sales people you meet are generally really nice, too. On the other hand, it also creates this knot in my stomach. I was never quite sure why, but after my day trip to Bath on Wednesday, I was thinking whether it's the fact that the site visits for a new event always carry the 'promise' of all the hard work that goes into organizing any event. So, the site visits are the fun part that just kicks off the not so fun part...

In any case, I had a lovely day! Bath really is a pretty city and I would recommend a visit. Moreover, the scientific organizers for this meeting - who I spent most of the day with - are also lovely. It always warms my heart to see their enthusiasm that goes into organizing events, which is not part of their day jobs. And I am very grateful for the respect and appreciation they have for my role in all of this.

Bath Abbey, the Royal Crescent, the river Avon
Pump room and Roman baths

1 comment:

  1. Ich war vor ca. 20 Jahren in Bath und hab die Stadt in ganz toller Erinnerung. Klingt so, als müsste ich mal wieder hin :-)
    Lg

    ReplyDelete