Sunday 18 May 2014

Schoener fernsehen

After another busy week, I was had a chilled Saturday. Primarily sitting on my sofa, catching up on my blog, watching Come dine with me - and admittedly also doing a little bit of work... quite sad really. I'm of course not getting paid for any overtime...

Anyhow, I was invited to birthday celebrations in the evening. And I was seriously tempted to send apologies at the last minute. That's definitely the disadvantage of living so far out. Getting into town just seems like such an effort. But I gave myself a kick up the backside and I'm very glad I did. Not only did it just take ~30 minutes to get to the Patch Bar near St. Paul's, it was also a lovely evening.

With an extensive cocktail list, I need to go back during Happy Hour (50% off!)! For a Saturday night, it was incredibly empty though. I am assuming that it's busy during the week rather than on weekends.

Amongst others I met a fellow German. And found out about schoener-fernsehen.com - where you can screen most German TV channels for free and live! Moreover, ARD and ZDF (the two main German TV channels) have a Mediathek where you can watch shows like 'Tatort' and their kitschy romantic films. Admittedly - at first glance - these are not films I would watch if I lived in Germany but it's nice to listen to some German once in a while. There does seem an issue with the buffering of schoener-fernsehen, too, but hey - you can't have it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment