Tuesday 13 May 2014

The c-word. Again

I was at a hotel showcase event tonight with my friend whose husband has cancer. We talked about how many people we know who either have or had it.

On my way home, I got a text from my Mum, telling me that one of my aunts has just been diagnosed with cancer. When I started reading the message - and probably because of my conversation tonight - my initial thought was that my Mum's cancer had come back. So, in a way I felt relieved (and then guilty about feeling relieved) that my Mum is ok.

Life sucks sometimes. But more importantly, it also highlighted the other thing we talked about tonight: living your life in the moment and doing something you enjoy. Cause life is short in any case. And sometimes even shorter than you anticipated.

On that cheerful note: carpe diem and good night

No comments:

Post a Comment