Tuesday 3 December 2013

Best canapes ever!

The ICC and NEC Birmingham hosted their Christmas Champagne reception at the Collyer Bristow Art Gallery. Quite an unusual venue for a showcase. The Gallery is on the ground floor of the Collyer Bristow offices (a law firm). We got greeted by a group of carol singers at the entrance. And I ran into somebody I know. I love the fact that nowadays, when I go to these events (I often go by myself) I generally run into people I know. It's good to have a network!

Usually, you get wine and champagne at these events, and I don't drink either. So I was delighted that they were offering cocktails, too. And the chocolate martinis were so yummy! The canapes were seriously amazing, too, in terms of presentation (sorry, no photos) as well as taste: Quail scotch eggs on creamy goats cheese with bits of bacon, mini sausage and mash in a Yorkshire pudding and strawberry meringue with foie gras and caviar in balsamic vinegar (yes, sounds weird, but it somehow works!) were my highlights!

terrible photos; I particularly liked the painting at the right bottom

The goody bag content:
an apron (hmmmmm), a mince pie (I think, haven't eaten it yet), a mug and pens



No comments:

Post a Comment