Sunday 22 December 2013

feeling the love

I know, I know - I complain a lot about work. And especially about the fact that our main annual event is always the week before Christmas. Thinking about it, I would probably feel the same way no matter what time of year the meeting would be. It is slightly annoying that other people are winding down and get to enjoy Christmas markets, parties and the like while work levels go up for us, but at least it's over before Christmas.

And also, it's actually a nice way to end the year. I remember, five years ago, when I attended my first annual meeting (I wasn't running it at the time), and I very enviously observed how my colleagues who had been at the company for years, were having friendly chats with the regular delegates and long-standing members. Now, five years on, I think it's safe to say that it takes a little time to build these relationships but I was very much feeling the love this year. And it made me very happy.

I also had a little chat with my colleague who I didn't properly speak to until nearly a year after starting my job. He was really surprised when I pointed that out and also how I felt that others were 'suspicious' of me as I had been brought in by the then CEO. And at least from his point of view, that was all in my head and he even remembered how he and another colleague had agreed at the time that I was a good(-looking) addition to the office. So, as much as my colleagues can drive me CRAZY at times, I do love them all!

I should remind myself of this next time I get annoyed with the less pleasant people I have to interact with and remember that the majority are really quite nice.

all the lillies of my magical bouquet have blossomed

No comments:

Post a Comment