Monday 30 December 2013

New Year's resolutions - Part 1

Here's what I set myself as targets for 2013 - and how well I managed:
  • do more sports - primarily by making use of the gym that is literally a 3 minute walk from my flat and hopefully finding a pilates course which will hopefully help with my back
    • not surprisingly this didn't work at all... I always had (short) phases, when I did go to the gym, but it just doesn't last 
  • spend less time on the internet
    • this certainly improved from about May onwards. I still occasionally spend hours in front of the laptop but I am out and about much more, too, so I think that's ok
  • stop watching crap on telly
    • see above - again significant improvement from May and certainly something I'd like to keep up. Still watching Made in Chelsea though...
  • cook more often and try new recipes - I often feel too lazy but will try to make an effort, even when only cooking for myself; this will possibly also help with bringing my own lunches to work which is likely to save me a lot of money and will also help with eating more sensibly
    • yep, this one didn't work at all which is why it goes back on the list for 2014. Thanks to my job, I do get invited to dinners loads though, which I think is an excellent and reasonable excuse for not cooking at home
  • keep up my monthly 'treats' of massages and beauty treatments
    • YES - I did manage this one and with loads of Amazon and Time Out vouchers, it didn't break the bank either
  • go to the theatre, exhibitions etc. more often 
    • YES - I've gone out much more and feel that I am making the most of living in a city like London
  • make changes to my professional life - I'm still unclear on what I want to do and there are a number of different options I am considering. But things will have to change - at least I don't want to be in the same position this time next year!
    • Nope. Still in the same job BUT I feel that my attitude has changed over the last six months or so. My job doesn't completely define my life anymore.
  • be more patient and get less easily annoyed - especially with myself...
    • big fail... But at least I've made a start on this recently. Fingers crossed, it will continue to get easier.
  • keep the flat tidier (I don't have much hope for this one
    • hahaha - I know myself too well! But again, given that I've tidied the place before the end of the year, it's not entirely a fail :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment