Saturday 21 December 2013

Resting place

Due to very early starts and late evenings, I always stay in a hotel near the venue for the duration of the meeting. This is the third time, I'm running the meeting and we keep moving back and forth between the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge and the Doubletree Hilton Westminster (previously the Mint). Every year, the respective other hotel offered me a better deal. So ironically, despite inflation, every year we pay a bit less for the hotel rooms. Whoever is responsible for sales, doesn't seem to know what they are doing...

When we stayed at the hotel in 2011, we spotted Nick Pickard in the hotel bar (he plays Tony in Hollyoaks) and this year, my colleague recognized Heike Makatsch at check-in. I was taking a picture of one of our members who was sporting J's red wooly hat for a laugh and managed to accidentally capture her in the background.

confirming once again that the reason I never spot
celebrities in London is, that I simply don't recognize them...
Hotel lobby decorations
Very comfortable bed - much nicer than Central House ;-)
the very white bathroom - sadly without a bathtub
Dinner at the hotel
Fishcake (starter) and fries for me and the seafood linguine for my colleague. Both yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment