Sunday 8 December 2013

Christmas Pirates - arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It's part of the meetings team's responsibilities to organize the staff Christmas party. Since I joined nearly six years ago, we've always gone out for lunch in a restaurant. So, I thought, we should do something a bit different this year. My colleague researched a number of options and the boat trip won the vote (fair and square, even though rumours say otherwise...). More excitingly though, I managed to convince everyone that it would be a fancy dress affair with the theme being Christmas Pirates.

I probably mentioned before that I am not keen on fancy dress, so it was really just the principle of getting everyone involved in this slightly ridiculous idea. And my plan came together incredibly well!

The boat's name was 'Harmony' - so there were harmony inspired quotes all over the boat.
Starter and dessert were really nice! Main was ok, but turkey is just not my thing...
Keeping with the theme: the Ship & Shovell pub for afternoon drinks. And yes, that's a carpet turned into a curtain!

No comments:

Post a Comment