Friday 6 December 2013

My first Wahanda

On my quest for affordable (aka cheap) massages, I tried Wahanda for the first time and found this place near my work. They had an offer of £30 for a 60 minute massage.

It didn't start very well, as I turned up for my appointment and was sent away again, as unfortunately she had been double booked. The Wahanda booking system doesn't seem to be synchronized with her website booking. So I went back a couple of days later. Mika is lovely and we both had a good moan about our respective sh*tty days. My upper back was very tense and she used quite a lot of pressure. It felt as if I needed it - but with hindsight I should have asked her to ease the pressure a little, as it feels as if my upper back is bruised!

I have to admit I always feel a bit shy about asking them to be gentler. Partly, because I feel uncomfortable as it seems as if I am complaining but also because I often think that only with a certain amount of pressure the underlying knots can be addressed. I suppose I need to decide whether I am going for relaxation or for addressing the tension I hold in my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment