Monday 30 December 2013

Poster girl

We have a photographer at our main events who takes pictures we use on our website and for other marketing purposes. As a member organisation, the photos are generally of our members. At an event last September, we were 'trialling' a new photographer and she does take really nice photos (so does our 'old' photographer, who wasn't available at the time). And she took a picture of me in conversation with one of our members. Well, I say conversation - it shows me grinning like a slightly mad person and him smiling - and looking at somebody else. I can't remember who I was talking to, as it looks as if it's not him even though he is standing right next to me...

Anyway, a few weeks ago, our Communications Manager showed me the draft for a little publication she was producing - which included the above photo. Personally I wouldn't have picked a photo of a staff member but as people don't tend to read our marketing material (sorry, is that a bit harsh?), I wasn't particularly concerned about it.

At our Annual General Meeting a couple of weeks ago, our CEO always gives a presentation about the past year. All senior managers (that sounds more grand than it is - we are such a small organization!) had been requested to attend. And - to my utter astonishment - he used the same photo in his presentation. Apparently to demonstrate how we achieve the best results when staff and members work closely together. Not sure how the photo is an example of just that - as we were simply having a chat (or not) at a social event. Nonetheless, it did make me feel a little like being the poster girl for our society. ;-)

A much cooler picture is this one though:

team bonding in the photo booth

No comments:

Post a Comment