Sunday 22 December 2013

Customer relations

During the summer, I needed an urgent appointment at my hairdressers. Unfortunately Joel wasn't available, so I decided to go with one of his colleagues instead. And I wanted something a bit different, so opted to get some coloured highlights, too. Unfortunately, that didn't quite work out. I'm generally really happy to go with the hairdresser's advice. The one point I insisted on was that I wanted the red to be really striking and visible. So, when everything was done - after hours of sitting in the chair - and the red was pretty INvisible, I was very disappointed. And for once, I actually made that point.  And just because she thought that 'subtle' looked much nicer didn't really make it any better...

She agreed for me to come back for a complimentary 'fix it' appointment. Which meant another couple of hours in the chair and a result that still wasn't great and more hick ups along the way (e.g. why bother asking me whether I like the colour she used in the first place? I say yes, and AFTER she put the colour on, she informs me that she picked  something different. WTF?!). And all that at a hefty price, too. And they then overcharged me, too, as they didn't deduct the deposit I had paid.

Needless to say that I decided to find myself another hairdresser.

Well, the other day, I received an email from their customer relations manager. She noted that I hadn't been to the salon for a while and they were keen to get customer feedback and to see me return. I briefly explained that I hadn't been happy with my last appointment at all. Which really was a pity, as Joel had always been great. I got a prompt reply, with the offer of a free cut and colour with Joel!

Too bad that I've only just been to the hairdresser - but my next appointment is sorted!

No comments:

Post a Comment