Monday 14 April 2014

9 dresses?!

The other day I read that on average women own nine dresses. Nine???! I didn't count mine, but I know it's probably more than double that... When I was looking through my blog over the last three years, I realized that a lot of the ones I still think of as 'new', aren't actually that new anymore. And one of my favourite dresses was less than £20 in the sale! Which is my favourite justification for having a well stocked wardrobe.

Anyhow, lured in by the mid-season sales I decided to go for a little shop in Canary Wharf on Saturday. I am always surprised how empty the shops (generally) are! It's so much more convenient to go there and treck all the way to central London and super busy Oxford Street.

While I tried on lots of dresses, I didn't buy any in the end... Ted Baker, Banana Republic and Karen Millen have a great selection though! The ones on sale unfortunately didn't fit and as I don't 'need' anymore, I wasn't ready to invest in any full price items either. Instead I got some shower gels from Rituals. And at £8.50 that was a pretty luxurious shop for me.

The sales assistant was lovely and let me try them all - which made making a decision just more difficult... How very handy to have a sink in the shop, too! The T'ai Chi shower foam (White Lotus and Green Tea) has quite a fresh and subtle scent, while the Shanti shower oil (Indian rose and sweet almond oil) has quite a strong, sweet smell.


2 comments:

  1. Not including work/suit dresses, I think that I own around 9. For some reason I thought that I owned more, but maybe the article that you read is correct! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I exclude my work dresses...
    I probably still have more than 9. I actually stopped counting at 18.
    Surely you have already sewn more than 9!

    ReplyDelete