Saturday 5 April 2014

Sebright Arms

Pub and live music venue in Bethnal Green. Really nice pub, too, with plushy chairs and sofas. But a food menu restricted to burgers (not that I mind burgers!). Not an area I know very well*, and you kind of need to know it's there to find it. Went to see Lydia Baylis and -Z- perform there last Wednesday. And it reminded me how much I enjoy going to gigs. Not every day of the week, but once in a while.

I really liked Lydia's voice (I also felt a bit sorry for her, as she started her gig with no audience at all...). Whereas with -Z- I really liked the energy they brought to the stage. And the cute French singer ;-)

* which also meant that I foolishly led us back to Old Street rather than Bethnal Green station. But I was of course convinced I knew where I was going...

No comments:

Post a Comment