Wednesday 30 April 2014

Not weird - just German

Last week A and I were finally able to synchronize our diaries, and met up for some German chats at Brumus - the bar & restaurant of the Haymarket hotel. Check out the cool candle decoration! And after moany Wednesday, I definitely deserved my cocktail, too! Took me a while to make a decision - given their long (and unfortunately not cheap) cocktail menu. I eventually settled for the Blackberry and Pear Bramble:
Blackberry Liqueur, fresh blackberries and pear purée is strengthened with Bombay Sapphire gin, and given a zesty kick with fresh lemon juice - which was yummy!

It was really nice to get to know A better. And nearly bordering on spooky on how alike we are in certain respects. Not sure yet whether it's our German-ness or whether maybe we are just weird ;-) I love as well, how we always communicate in English in writing but then chat in German. With just a little English thrown in. It's just easier! I've tried to explain this to several people before (i.e. I usually 'refuse' to write any business correspondence in German as it takes me much longer to word than it does in English) who could never really understand. And now I have found somebody who feels just the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment