Sunday 6 April 2014

Creative Stitches & Hobbycrafts show

Time had finally come to use the voucher I got from my colleagues for my birthday. For once it came in handy that I live so far outside - and right next to the Excel Centre. It was my first time at one of these crafts shows and I think if there is a next, I'd go better prepared! They had a few fabric stands and I should have checked my patterns to know what kind of fabric I need for them.

Overall, it was busier than I had expected and it was bigger (in a good way) than expected. Seeing all this creativity in one place, really made me want to create stuff! Besides sewing, I am really intrigued by the cross-stitching and I am hoping to attend a course at some point. It looks like just the right amount of creativity for my limited talents. (I might be very wrong about this, as I don't actually know how it's done...)

More importantly, it was a great opportunity to catch up with T :-)
After the show we went for Dim Sum at Yi-Ban (so cheap, and so yummy!), a round trip on the cable car and more chats and coffee at my place. A lovely Saturday all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment