Tuesday 15 April 2014

gone...

One of my Mum's friends passed away yesterday.
When I was a kid, whenever we came to London for holidays, we would stay with her and her family. She leaves her husband, three kids and seven grandchildren.

She was a tiny woman, but I always felt that she was very capable of standing up for herself. She somehow always struck me as 'streetwise'. That probably sounds weird... I guess living in a city like London, she wasn't fooled easily. And she was also warm and kind. I always got the impression that she really lived her life. My favourite stories were of her working as an extra on film sets. She loved going out to the theatre and to musicals and they went travelling a lot.

I knew she was ill, but her health seemed to deteriorate much quicker than expected. I can't imagine what life will be like for her husband without her. My thoughts are with her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment