Monday 21 April 2014

Basting, layering and clipping

I honestly have no idea what half the words in the pattern instructions mean. So, I constantly have to google in order to understand what the hell I'm meant to do...

I do think that instructions could be just a tiny bit more detailed to help the process along. I got rather confused about the collar and nearly sewed it on the wrong way round... As I also don't understand WHY I'm doing what I'm doing, I didn't pay enough attention, and sewed the little hole closed where the bow is meant to go as well as forgetting to transfer various lines from the pattern to the fabric. Ah well, I think it will look just as nice without the bow, or I'll manage to get it on in another way.

Despite my struggles and a distinct lack of pressing skills, I am actually proud of how far I got this weekend (even if it doesn't look like much...):

terrible picture... but the collar is on!
I'm just a little terrified about tackling the sleeves next

No comments:

Post a Comment