Saturday 19 April 2014

Don't get mad

A friend sent me a link to the Inner Space
"Inner Space is a meditation and personal development centre in Covent Garden, often referred to as ‘London’s oasis of calm and insight.' We run regular courses, seminars and meditations in Covent Garden and in the City. ... All activities are free! Although voluntary donations are welcome, they are not required.
Inner Space is the Information Centre for the Brahma Kumaris."

To be honest, I'd never heard of the Brahma Kumaris... Check out the wiki link, if you haven't either. 
I attended my first Sunday talk last week all about how to handle anger. I really enjoyed it. I won't be able to repeat it all, but just a few things I took away for myself:
- anger isn't caused by external things, but by our reaction to these things happening around us
- there is no need to get approval or even understanding from others - is it not sufficient that we know why we did what we did?
- don't dwell on anger - nothing good will come from it
- anger is an expression of other emotions: e.g. sadness and fear

I also bought this book - haven't started it yet

No comments:

Post a Comment