Saturday 19 April 2014

Ribs on King's Road

Chelsea is not an area I get to very often. Primarily as it's right across town for me. Maybe I should make more of an effort to explore other parts of London that aren't on my doorstep (of my home and/or work).

After jetting around the world for work and just before jetting off on another holiday, S was back in town and we met for lobster and ribs at the Big Easy. This American BBQ place isn't exactly what you'd expect on posh King's Road. It's a quirky place and I loved the decor but it was a little loud for my liking which made having a conversation with anyone not sitting right next to you, a bit tricky. Not helped either by the live music.

While famous for its lobsters, I opted for the ribs as I'm not that keen on seafood. So glad, that I decided to share the starter (chicken strips and nachos) and the main (ribs with coleslaw, beans and fries and onion rings) with T. The starter alone would have filled me up! Service wasn't very attentive not particularly friendly and kept reminding us that we only had our table for two hours. With a number of free tables around, there wasn't any need for that...

Anyhow, the chicken starter was nice, but I prefer my ribs not quite so smothered in sauce. The food wasn't piping hot when it arrived, so it went cold quite quickly.

not sure what happened - but the photo of the ribs wasn't saved on my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment