Monday 11 May 2015

a thought

I'm tearful at the best of times, but even more so recently (lots of happy tears, may I add!). The other night, on my way home from the theatre, I passed by the Tower of London - and choked up. Again and again, the beauty of this city overwhelms me. Even after eight years of living in London, I still have this 'pinch me' moment of not quite being able to believe that I LIVE here.

Now that I am preparing (ok, not much preparation going on just yet...) to leave, I suddenly had this thought that this feels a bit like carelessly throwing away the privilege to live in London. I know I can come back whenever I want. But a little voice in my head says that it won't be the same...

I had hoped that with time, everything will become clearer in my mind and that excitement would set in. And at times, I am indeed feeling excited. About a new job, a new challenge, a new city, new people. But I equally question my decision and ask myself what exactly made me sign the contract more than a month ago. Most of all, I am grateful for a long notice period...

No comments:

Post a Comment