Sunday 24 May 2015

Heart to heart

Ok, that is probably exaggerated but I had a nice dinner and drinks with J. While we get on well, we don't tend to share too much personal stuff. Primarily because we don't have much opportunity for socializing outside of work, I suppose. And partly, as I prefer to keep work and personal life separate to a certain extent.

In addition to having a nice conversation, it also reminded me of how life is about being in the moment. And I am very pleased to say that my life has been filled with many beautiful moments. I used to look forward to special events which were spread over the year, when nowadays, life is a string of continuous special moments. Isn't that just amazing? Not wishing to be anywhere else or wishing for things to be different. Not least as that's pointless anyway.

Don't worry, I am fully aware that complaining, worries, fears, anger and all sorts of other negativity are still a major part of my life. And none of that serves any purpose. I like to think that awareness is the first step.

And another quote from Mr Tolle:

"Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.
Make the Now the primary focus of your life."

I will miss the sunset view from my flat.
But I am looking forward to new sunset views, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment