Saturday 16 May 2015

Rendezvous

Probably my last lunch with R in a while. As per usual he picked a lovely little place not far from both our offices: Le Rendezvous. I asked R in January last year to be my mentor and I can say that this kicked off so many positive changes in my life and I will be forever grateful for it. And even though we didn't meet often, on every single occasion he offered me his words of wisdom. Many times during my daily life I remind myself of them and they've helped me more than once.
In our training session at work a few weeks ago, our coach asked us all to think of a famous person we admire. And I could only think of R.

Anyhow, while I've been pouring my heart out over the last 18 months, I only ever caught glimpses of R's life. And on Tuesday he revealed a little more. Rather unexpectedly but somehow fitting in nonetheless. It was very nice for him to share this with me.

I was updating him on the last few months and while I was babbling away (as per usual...), I was feeling rather proud of myself. Of everything that I have achieved. And happy with how much happier I've become. And excited about what lies ahead paired with a new found confidence that I am able to handle whatever it is that will come my way. With the support of my friends. Wherever they are in the world, they are close anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment