Sunday 24 May 2015

Inspired

... by the fitting of this dress, I decided to do another one with sleeves in a different fabric. And managed to finish it within just a couple of days and just in time for my trip to HK. Given that the fabric has a lot less stretch than the one I used for the first dress, I cut it at least 1 size bigger (I estimated, by simply cutting a few cm from the size 8 I had cut for the first dress). I also decided to cut the back piece on the fold rather than cutting two pieces and sewing them together. Lazy me...

I adapted the length of the sleeve to end just above the elbow. I'm very pleased with the result and got a few compliments, too and it's so comfy to wear. The one thing I still don't master is the under stitching at the neck facing. So, I used top stitching again to keep the facing from rolling to the outside. A minor detail, I guess. I also didn't get the sleeves sewn in evenly. According to the pattern, the sleeves should have just fit in but I had to gather the sleeves as it was otherwise too big. Unfortunately, I didn't distribute the gathering evenly on the left and right side. But again I hope it's only noticeably when you know and/or know a bit about sewing and pay attention to these things.


and attracting an attractive woman
is an added bonus! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment