Tuesday 26 May 2015

Ha

The Regent Street Cinema recently re-opened. It was built in 1848 and was the first cinema in the country to show moving pictures. It's just a short walk from Oxford Circus and is part of the University of Westminster.

Judging by the small number of people attending Monday night's double bill, the word about its reopening doesn't seem to have spread just yet. Which made it an even more pleasant experience to be honest. Tickets for the two movies was just £15, and I got another £2 discount thanks to my Time Out card.

I enjoyed both movies a lot. But Frances Ha also made me rather sad. The film starts with the portray of the beautiful friendship between Frances and Sophie. Only for Sophie to 'dump' Frances when she gets into a relationship. Frances might be a little weird but she is also wonderful and amazing and yet she seems so alone for most of the film.



I admit that I probably focused on that particular aspect of the film, as my move is making me anxious about growing apart from my friends... The film also shows how it's up to us to lead the life we want to lead. How we need to follow our own path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment