Tuesday 26 May 2015

While we're young

Was the second part of the double bill at Regent Street cinema. I've been meaning to watch this for weeks, but somehow didn't get round to it. Well, when I did and had actually gone all the way to the cinema in Dalston, it turned out that it was a mother & baby show  - so I gave that a miss.

Really enjoyed the film. Interestingly, A thought that Jamie (played by Adam Driver) was a complete dick. And I just started reading a review that said that all of the young characters in the movie are assholes. I don't agree with that at all! Yes, Jamie was playing a game - but is that really so different from the networking we all do these days? I see it more as driven and being ambitious. And of course that didn't sit well with Josh (Ben Stiller) who was too proud to accept help and advice from his successful father-in-law. So that's really just envy dressed up as righteousness.

I didn't like the ending of the film, but would otherwise recommend it.

Just live your life and who cares about age?

No comments:

Post a Comment