Sunday 31 May 2015

it makes no sense

I have an overflowing wardrobe and keep adding to it with the dresses I sew myself. But once in a while, I am set on getting a specific item of clothing. A few weeks ago, I decided that I really wanted a boyfriend style jeans. All the jeans I found had the 'distressed' look - holes and all. Not exactly the style I go go. But the more I saw them, the more I warmed to them.

Last Wednesday, I found a pair in Zara and only didn't buy it, cause I didn't want to carry it around with me that afternoon on my visits to art galleries. When I went looking again on Friday, I of course couldn't find exactly that model again. I went to three different Zara branches on Oxford Street, tried on dozens of jeans. Finally, back at the branch I had been to on the Wednesday, I finally found that pair again. I was already cursing myself for doing my usual thing of going back to the very first place and buying what I spotted first but didn't buy the first time round in the hope I'd find something better...

BUT, I found an even better fitting pair. So, I was quite pleased that I didn't buy that first pair.
And yes, that is a very exciting story! ;-)


And no, the right leg isn't shorter than the left - the left one is folded up. While in shopping mood, I also bought this cardi/jacket for a tenner on sale at H&M, the stacking rings and the earrings - which match one of my rings.

And I don't care how decadent it is: but shopping does make me happy :-)
Even when it makes no sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment