Monday 25 May 2015

Some matter and some don't

I don't care about what others think about me.
In theory.
In practice, I care.
Sometimes way too much. I'd like to think that this has improved significantly and that more often than not I can rely on a safe and strong foundation of self-confidence.

I can say that certain people's opinions really don't matter at all. And I am trying to be honest with myself here. Letting go of anger or upset or whatever else I might have felt at some point.

Other people's praise are like a pat on the back though and will always be welcome. As long as the absence of such praise doesn't have any effect on me, it's all good, I think.

One thing I am very pleased is, that nobody's opinion with regard to a certain aspect of my life changes the way I feel about it. This has taken a long time, and there has been a lot of guilt along the way. But I now know and feel what is 'right' for me. Right now. That doesn't mean that I still wish things were different. But at the moment, I simply cannot see how they could be different, so it's a matter of accepting what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment