Sunday 17 November 2013

eat, drink, vietnam

I had my first classic pho at Cay Tre in Hoxton. I'm probably one of very few people who never had a pho and don't know what it is. Until last week of course.

It's a Vietnamese noodle soup: broth, linguine-shaped noodles, herbs, and meat. Herbs (we weren't entirely sure what it all included) and lemons were served on a separate plate. Add Hoisin and chili sauce to taste (and try to make sure not to spoil your soup with too much chili sauce) and enjoy! Perfect food for cold winter evenings.

This is quite a small and unpretentious restaurant but clearly has a big following - with people queuing for tables! And the portion was so big, that I only managed about half of it (not to worry - the other half did not go to waste; I don't think I've ever seen anyone eat so fast...).


No comments:

Post a Comment