Monday 18 November 2013

Good day and farewell

The Aussies were having a little leaving do at Barrio East in Shoreditch last week.

Barrio East is a really cool Mexican bar - go even if only to check out the interior design! There was live music, a dance floor and a selection of cocktails are available at just £4.50 during happy hour (until 8pm). After a cider induced headache that same morning (from the cider I had the previous nights - I don't start my day drinking!), I decided to stick with the hard liquor that night. And the plan worked! Their gingerbread colada was delicious. Contrary to everyone else's opinion, I did not think that it tasted of bananas!!! The Barrio Zombie - at the bargain price of just £26 - on the other hand tasted pretty deadly. How the boys managed to finish it, is a mystery to me...

I also got to speak German with an Austrian girl and her Colombian friend who we met in the bar. The whole night out reminded me of my student days, when you would always meet new people and friends of friends. It also reminded me though of what a transient city London is. It of course adds to the multi-cultural element of the city and you get the opportunity to meet so many different people with different backgrounds. But on the downside, many people just float in and out of your life.

I suppose at the end of the day though, it's still better to have met them even if only briefly, then never to have met them at all. Like with all good things in life. Right?

The Barrio Zombie in its impressive jug

No comments:

Post a Comment